Girl's Night (and afternoon)
Last night I got to have a girl's night with Holly. Her husband was playing poker and her in-laws were keeping the kids. She put a lot of pressure on me when she said that I had to plan the night! Yikes! I get to do whatever I want all the time so planning a fun night for someone that doesn't get to have a kidless night on the town very often is a lot of pressure! (I wasn't going to mention that she waited until about 1:30 p.m. to tell me I was planning everything!)
So...this is how the night unfolded. Should I mention that I must be really old because I rushed home after work and had a quick nap before she arrived at around 6pm. I don't get off of work until 4:30 and there was traffic, so I only had about 30 minutes, but it made a big difference. We decided to go to the Hulen area to shop and eat. We shopped at the mall for a little while. After the mall, we had dinner at Johnny Carinos.
Carinos is one of my favorites. I love their Angel hair and Artichokes. Yum-o-licious! They also have a great dressing - Sun dried tomato balsamic vinaigrette. If you ever order it, get it on the side. It is strong, so you need to eat is sparingly. It is also great to dip your bread in! This is a place that gives you some toasted garlic and EVOO to dip your bread in. MMMMMMM! I'm sure we stunk after that, but oh well. After Carinos, we spent time at Dot's Fashions (I don't recommend), Target (always fun...we were still shopping when they made the "we will close in 10 minutes" announcement) and Walmart (what else was open?). Between Target and Walmart, we went to Bennigians for dessert. (Holly thought this plan up on the way to Carinos. We split the pasta so that we'd have plenty of room for dessert). We ordered Death by Chocolate...yumm, but they were out of it so we had the White Chocolate Chill Out. It was so good. I had a great time. I didn't get home until about 12:30 a.m. Party Animals!
This afternoon I went to mom's house for lunch. We had taco salad while watching the Food Network (my favorite). We made a Paula Deen recipe - Lemon Blossoms (an easy recipe with amazing results!). We also made brownies with walnuts for her neighbor. How nice are we? Tonight I'm watching the kiddos while Holly and Trey go to dinner and a movie. Ally has planned that we'll watch Charlotte's Web and eat popcorn. I don't know what she thinks Donnie will be doing during this time as I don't think he really enjoys popcorn!
I'm definitely going to need Sunday to rest!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home