The Year of the Blog

Sunday, July 09, 2006

I'm Back!

Well, I'm back from my week in Hollywood. It was a good week...I thought. We were busy the entire time, but still had time to have fun. There were a couple of highlights for me.

The first highlight was that I got to meet Dixie Carter (of Designing Women fame)! I have been so excited that I might get to meet her, but I actually got to talk to her and have my picture taken with her. She was so nice and had a great Southern accent.

Another highlight was hearing Kenny Loggins on the 4th of July at the Hollywood Bowl. It was a great concert. The weather was beautiful, our seats were great and Kenny was AMAZING! I had to buy his Greatest Hits CD on Friday. I'm posting a picture of the Hollywood Bowl with Kenny on stage. We were far away, so you can't really see him.

I have been pretty tired, but that is to be expected from such a long week. We had Friday off to substitute for our 4th of July. I went to see The Devil Wears Prada with mom. We also went shopping a little bit. On Saturday, I went to my cousin Sandi's bachelorette party. We had a little get together at her house then went to Fort Worth to see Four Day Weekend and have dinner at Reata. Mom, Holly and I were duds and went home after that. I don't know that I would have made it much longer. It was a long night. Four Day Weekend was hilarious! I had never been to see them before, but I'd definitely go back! Our meal at Reata was great, also.

Today mom and I went to IKEA and to the Dallas Farmer's Market. We had a blast. I love going to the Farmer's Market. We bought lots of veggies and yummy fruit. I can't wait to eat it this week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home